- 1.5 kg of fresh mussels.
- 1 tbsp of paprika.
- 4 tbsp of Mex-Can Sacred Pepper Plant Sauce.
- 1 shallot, minced.
- 2 garlic cloves, minced.
- 2 tbsp of parsley.
- 500 ml water.
- 100 ml of clam juice.
- 30ml of mezcal.
- 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- 1 lemon, juiced.
How to prepare:
- Clean the mussels.
- In a pot with olive oil sauté the garlic and shallots.
- Once they begin to release their aroma, stir in the paprika, half the Sacred Pepper Plant Sauce, the water, mezcal, and clam juice.
- Bring to a boil.
- Add the mussels and cover. Cook over high heat for about 5 minutes, or until their shells are open.
- Remove the mussels from the pot, reserving a bit of the cooking liquid.
- Mix in the remaining Mex-Can Sacred Pepper Plant Sauce with some of the cooking liquid and a few drops of lemon juice.
- Serve the mussels with the sauce and parsley on top.
Ingredients: Olive oil. 4 garlic cloves, minced. 3 tbsp Mex-Can Pineapple Chipotle Sauce. 400gr of shrimp. 3 tbsp sour cream. Salt and pepper. 4 tbsp