For the buñuelos:
- 2 ½ cups of wheat flour.
- 1 teaspoon baking powder.
- 2 tablespoons of sugar.
- ½ teaspoon salt.
- 45 g butter, room temperature.
- 1 egg.
- 1 teaspoon of Mex – Can® Extracto de Vainilla (Vanilla Extract).
- ¾ cup of warm water.
- Vegetable oil, enough for frying.
- A jar of Mex-Can Guava jam.
- 4 cups of mixed berries.
- Mint leaves.
How to prepare:
- In a bowl, mix the flour, baking powder, sugar, salt, butter, egg and Mex – Can® Vainilla (Vanilla Extract)
- Add the water little by little until a non-sticky dough forms. Cover and let it rest at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Divide the dough into 30 small portions and roll out with a rolling pin, on a flour-dusted surface until the dough is as thin as possible.
- Heat the oil and fry the buñuelos one by one until golden brown and crispy. Remove the excess oil with a paper towel.
- Serve 3 buñuelos per portion with Mex – Can® Mermelada de Guayaba (Guava Jam), berries and mint leaves.